Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

B*tches Gotta Eat

So I've been pretty good in the food department lately, really trying to be healthy and make good choices (per my commitment in this previous blog).  Yeah, I been working out too, thanks for asking.  You don't get to look like this by doin' nothin' *wink wink*.

One of my sweet-ass girls started a Facebook group where some of us can go to post about what we're eating, what we're hopefully NOT eating, suggestions, tips, blah blah blah.  There have been some pretty damn good recipes posted lately, of which I've tried quite a few.  I've vegetarianized, if not completely veganized, the recipes to stick with my own program, but you certainly don't have to.  They're all low-fat, good for you food that actually tastes good.  Amazing, no?

I figured I would post them for you-all who may also be on the healthy-eating bandwagon, are sick of salads, and think vegan is another word for tofu.

Here you go, skinny bitches:

I veeged this one.  Veeged is a new word, by the way.  I made it up just now.  It's short for veganized, which is clearly way too long.

Point is, I used veggie broth (I used the whole 32 oz carton, which was 4 C instead of only 2 C., then 2 C of water instead of 4.  Yeah, it's good).  I didn't use the cheese or cheese rind, though I'm sure it would have made it even more of a smashing success.  I did use semolina pasta, though at least it was organic.

This soup is da bombdiggity.  My 6 year old totally loves it.  Plus, any food that gives the kids gas is ok in their books...if it makes them fart, they're in.  Moving on.

Unless you really love the crap out of oatmeal, I would recommend cutting this recipe in half.  It makes a TON.  I changed mine up a little bit (surprise surprise) due to what I had on hand, and I also found that it needed a little more agave than called for in the recipe.  Very good, very filling, very kid-friendly!

This next one comes from Hungry Girl, and is the shiznit. Kids LOVE this stuff.  It can totally be veeged but you've got to micromanage your enchilada sauce.  Vegetable broth, tofu if you want it, and obviously no chicken.  The recipe posted as-is is VERY good and very low fat, but it's up to you what you want to do.  Except enjoy it...that's not an option.  YOU WILL ENJOY IT.

Isn't it pretty?  Find it HERE.  And while you're there, check out her other recipes, she's got some good stuff!

Coming up next...
 
I made myself a cute little version of this for lunch the other day, and oh me oh my...it was deeelish.  I posted this recipe cause it was my inspiration, though mine was not nearly as involved.  I had a bag of frozen sweet potato cubes, which I boiled into thaw-ness.  I sauteed half an onion in coconut oil till it was lovely, threw in the sweet potatoes, grabbed a jar of roasted red peppers and cut a few into chunks and threw that in.  Wrapped it all up in a couple of sprouted-grain tortillas from Ezekiel, and man was I impressed with myself.  You can be too!  Either with me, or yourself, whatever floats your boat.

I may be posting more of these types of recipes, so keep an eye out.  And if you've got any you'd like to see in a blog, send them along!  I'll even give you hungry b*tches the cred.  Just like being a celebrity.


Till next time, love yous!!


No comments:

Post a Comment